Yowie Group has donated nearly 10,000 treats to children’s hospitals, shelters and medical centers to show the company’s support for frontline healthcare workers and patients.
Yowie began coordinating with hospitals and shelters in early May to donate their products, including surprise-inside chocolate eggs, gummies and bites. The company’s ultimate goal was to give healthcare workers and patients a sweet treat to help them through long and exhausting shifts while standing on the front lines to help communities and patients fight the coronavirus.
“Our company has always been about bringing a smile to children’s faces through our variety of products, and we wanted to extend this to our frontline workers and their patients during this challenging time,” said Yowie Group CMO Cynthia Thayer. “Enjoying a quick sweet treat or the ability to offer one to a young patient while working around the clock to save lives is something we knew we could provide in supporting our essential workers.”
Yowie donated thousands of products to the following healthcare centers and shelters:
- Arkansas Children's Northwest Hospital in Springdale, Arkansas
- Misericordia Home in Chicago
- Mercy Hospital Northwest in Rogers, Arkansas
- Northwest Arkansas Children's Shelter in Bentonville, Arkansas
- Children's Advocacy Center of Benton County in Rogers, Arkansas
- Peace at Home Family Shelter in Fayetteville, Arkansas
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital Group in Chicago
- Lakeland Regional Hospital in Lakeland, Florida