Survey reveals which Skittles color consumers hate the most
Survey also shows what your favorite Skittles color says about who you are.
It turns out yellow is the least favorite Skittles color in America – only 6 percent of eaters favor yellow. Meanwhile, strawberry (red) is America's favorite Skittles flavor (33 percent).
But that’s not all the brand found out.
It’s been 30 years since Skittles introduced its iconic “Taste the Rainbow” tagline to consumers and TVs everywhere, so to celebrate this milestone the brand decided to take a deeper look at how America tastes the rainbow.
Skittles conducted a survey that examined flavor preferences, behaviors and interests that all related to how we all eat our five favorite flavors. What Skittles learned was that how you eat your Skittles says a lot about you.
Specifically, the survey showed what your favorite Skittles color says about who you are:
- Red Skittles lovers are more likely to identify as hopeless romantics and are more likely to be in a relationship
- Green Skittles lovers are 50 percent more likely than other Skittles eaters who are single to have been ghosted by their dates
- Purple Skittles lovers are happiest spending time at home alone (introverts!)
- Yellow Skittles eaters are more likely to have their read receipts on their smartphone texts
- Orange Skittles lovers are more likely to root for their local sport teams
You can find additional information about what your Skittles-eating selection process says about you at http://www.HowDoYouEatSkittles.com.
Some of the other interesting statistics from the study included:
- Almost a quarter of Skittles eaters (23 percent) claim that they suck on the Skittles first before chewing them
- One-at-a-time Skittles eaters are more likely to binge-watch TV shows
- Those who eat Skittles by the handful are more likely to leave a party without saying goodbye
- Those who eat Skittles one at a time are considered detail-oriented and are more likely to hang toilet paper in the “over position.”
- Almost three-fourths of Skittles eaters eat in a way that's made up of different colors (72 percent), while the remaining 28 percent eat only one Skittles color at a time.
- And nearly 1 in 5 Skittles eaters have a color ritual of pairing different Skittles together to make their own flavor combinations
Skittles partnered with Kelton Global, an independent, third-party research firm, to conduct an online survey among 2,000 adults in the United States who have eaten Skittles in the past three months, with an overall margin of error of +/-2.2 percent.