Chocolate, Confectionery, and Desserts: Category Packaging Opportunities
Published March 27, 2020 - 22 pages
"Chocolate, Confectionery, and Desserts: Category Packaging Opportunities" explores new packaging formats and value-added features in the chocolate, confectionery and desserts categories, using examples from GlobalData's Pack-Track innovation tool. Your key questions answered: What drives packaging innovations in chocolate, confectionery and desserts? What notable new formats and value-added features have been introduced in these categories in recent years? Which consumer trends have these packaging innovations capitalized on? How can chocolate, confectionery and desserts manufacturers use packaging to stay ahead of the game in a crowded marketplace?
The chocolates, confectionery, and desserts categories are constantly looking for new packaging solutions. Eco-friendly packaging materials or designs that facilitate refill or reusability make the offering more sound for eco-conscious consumers. Gift-ready solutions designed to allow for the addition of personalized message for the recipient, and premium-looking, quality packs that require no wrapping have been commonly noted. We have used GlobalData's Pack-Track packaging innovation tool to identify new packaging developments within the category, and this report discusses special features and benefits of examples we like, and how they fit in with current consumer trends within GlobalData's TrendSights framework.
- In order to be more successful, brand-owners make things more convenient for consumers with packaging that supports hassle-free preparation.
- Customizable gift packaging that could suit various occasions is also important, as are upscale designs that attract the consumer's attention.
- Responding to the sustainability agenda with compostable or recyclable materials as well as all-metal packaging is another trend, along with packaging that encourages sharing and communal interactions.
Reasons to Buy
- Use GlobalData's Category Packaging Opportunities reports to inspire innovation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends that drive and support innovation so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Appreciate the importance of sustainability of packaging in the overall consumer experience of a product and how this can help to drive brand loyalty.
Table of Contents
Category Packaging Opportunities: Chocolate, Confectionery, and Desserts
Category Packaging Opportunities: Spotlight
Category Packaging Opportunities: Examples We Like
Category Packaging Opportunities: TrendSights
Category Packaging Opportunities: Action Points