Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery and Desserts: Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Single User License: Allows the person purchasing the report and that person alone to view and use the report
- Site License: Allows the person purchasing the report and any colleagues that work in the same building for the same organization to view and use the report
- Enterprise License: Allows the person purchasing the report and any colleague within the same organization to view and use the report regardless of location
Once purchased your report will be sent to you electronically via email. Please allow 1-2 business days for arrival.
Returns or Refunds - The electronic format and type of information provided by GlobalData is such that GlobalData cannot accept returns of products once they have been dispatched. Refunds will only be considered where the product does not accurately reflect what is being advertised.
"Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery and Desserts" explores the latest consumer and innovation trends in savory snacks, confectionery, dessert, ice-cream, sweet cookies, breakfast cereals, and cereal bars.
Snacking has become ingrained into consumers' dietary routines, blurring the boundaries between main meals and opening unlimited opportunities for manufacturers to capitalize on. This report outlines the key consumer and innovation trends currently impacting the core categories in the food sector: savory snacks, confectionery, desserts (including ice cream) and sweet snacks. Trends explored in this research include energy-boosting ingredients, sharing, blurring meal times, "made from" claims and permissible indulgence.
- Globally, 65% of consumers are always or often influenced by how familiar or trustworthy a product seems when choosing food.
- 73% of global consumers claim that they typically snack at home.
- Flavor is the key driver for 87% of global consumers when choosing products to snack on.
Reasons to buy
- Identify the top trends driving the snack sector
- Gain insight into the key consumer segments that are most likely to be a driver for innovation
- Put innovative products into context by connecting them to specific consumer trends and needs.
- Gain insight and inspiration for innovation.
Table of Contents
Innovation Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts
Trend 1: Back to the roots
Trend 2: Energy boost
Trend 3: Better to share
Trend 4: Blurring the meals time
Trend 5: "Made from"
Trend 6: Getting the thin shape