Mars Wrigley’s M&M'S brand has launched The M&M'S FUNd Advisory Council, a group of experts who will drive diversity, inclusivity and belonging in M&M'S brand programming around the world.
The M&M'S FUNd was announced in January with the intention to track the brand's action to create a world where everyone feels they belong. The M&M'S FUNd offers resources, mentorship, opportunities and financial support in the arts and entertainment space to connect people and ensure they have access to experiences to increase a sense of belonging for 10 million people around the world by 2025.
The founding advisory council for the M&M'S FUNd will include representatives from Coqual, Disability:IN, GLAAD, Global Belonging Collaborative, GroupM and PolicyLink. M&M'S will convene advisors several times a year to assess the brand's programs, quantify impact, provide counsel and further our mission through our organizations' respective networks. The advisors include:
- Gwyneth Meeks, senior vice president, leadership development, Coqual
- Jill Houghton, president & CEO, Disability:IN
- John McCourt, deputy vice president of strategic partnerships, GLAAD
- Dr. Kelly-Ann Allen, PhD FAPS, lead director and founder, Global Belonging Collaborative
- Gonzalo Del Fa, president, GroupM
- Ashleigh Gardere, executive vice president, PolicyLink
"Mars is innovating to create a positive impact on society and shape the world we want tomorrow – and the evolved M&M'S purpose is one more example of how our brands are able to inspire moments of everyday happiness for consumers," said Jessica Adelman, corporate affairs vice president at Mars Wrigley. "Mars and the M&M'S brand are honored to partner with this deep-bench of global experts who as part of the M&M'S FUNd will help us to create a world where everyone feels they belong."
Since unveiling its purpose, M&M'S has been working to create a world where everyone feels they belong, bringing its commitment to life across every touchpoint, including through product, digital offerings, content, in-store programs and consumer activations, all under the M&M'S FUNd.
- M&M'S newest ad spots – "Office Party" and "Meet The Parents" – reflect the new brand purpose, visually representing the importance of celebrating people's differences and using fun to foster connection and a sense of belonging.
- In Germany, M&M'S developed Projekt Open Mic, partnering with headliner talent to launch the careers of three diverse new comedians to help make the German comedy scene more inclusive.
- In celebration of International Women's Day in March, M&M'S created a #StreamingFemaleVoices Spotify playlist featuring songs by all female artists to help start to bridge the gender gap in music and donated $1 per stream (up to $25,000) to Women in Music.
- M&M'S continued its partnership with the Bentonville Film Festival Foundation to offer a mentorship program to a diverse filmmaker, consisting of a $20,000 grant and the opportunity to work with the M&M'S team on a project focused on championing inclusion. The recipient of the 'M&M'S For All Funkind Award' selected from submissions from the 2021 Bentonville Film Festival Foundation was announced on June 25.
- In Australia, M&M'S launched the M&M'S Comedy Spotlight platform, spotlighting seven rising comedy stars to create a more inclusive comedy scene.