Attendees of the 2022 Sweets & Snacks Expo, slated for May 23-26 at Chicago’s McCormick Place, will have opportunities to make connections and gain insights into trends and best practices of the confectionery and snack industries with the show’s educational programming.
These industry-specific education sessions will allow attendees to learn from experts, industry panels and confectionery and snack leaders tackling issues such as supply-chain disruption, product innovation, social media’s influence on purchasing habits, and post-pandemic shopping trends.
“The education sessions offered at the Sweets & Snacks Expo are unparalleled," said John Downs, president and CEO of the National Confectioners Association. "As consumer habits continue to change during this uncertain time, access to top-tier education and insights is more important than ever, and this year attendees will have access to some of the brightest minds in the confectionery and snack industries. Whether they’re looking to prepare for National Candy Month this June, get inspired for a bigger social media presence or rethink their front-end strategy, our attendees can find what they’re looking for — and more — at this year’s Sweets & Snacks Expo.”
In addition to the sessions, attendees can find insights across the show floor at these education-focused show features and hear from 18 retail leaders:
- Eye-Opener Education Kicking off before the show floor opens, Eye-Opener education sessions feature insights for the early risers looking to get a jump on learning and connections for the day.
- Insight Stage | Sponsored by Barry Callebaut The Insights Stage, located in the West Hall, is the Sweets & Snacks Expo’s home for the latest data and insights on the confectionery and snack categories from industry thought leaders.
- Innovation Stage | Sponsored by Barry Callebaut The Innovation Stage makes its debut at Sweets & Snacks Expo this year. Attendees can find industry trends, confectionery and snack product innovations, and more.
- Destination Front-End | Sponsored by Barry Callebaut Destination Front-End takes a closer look at the front-end experience, covering topics from merchandising best practices, disruptions on the front-end, new technologies, and more to help Sweets & Snacks Expo attendees learn to manage through this vital and ever-changing section of the store.
- Ask an Expert Kiosks | Sponsored by Barry Callebaut The Ask an Expert Kiosk will host a selection of Sweets & Snacks Expo speakers immediately after their on-stage presentations for follow-up questions and added insights.