Most people who celebrate Easter will share a gift of chocolate and candy to celebrate the season, according to the National Confectioners Association’s (NCA) report on seasonal confectionery sales.
“Throughout the past year, Americans have looked to chocolate and candy at the holiday for a small sense of normalcy in a challenging time,” said John Downs, NCA president and CEO. “Most consumers believe that physical wellness and emotional well-being are connected, and that enjoying the occasional treat can bring some comfort during the pandemic – especially at holidays like Easter.”
The NCA’s Easter Central platform helps consumers celebrate the holiday with balance in mind, with tips for treating responsibly, fun facts about Easter treats and insights about how people treat in this important candy season.
Some fun facts about Easter include:
- 85 percent of Americans who make Easter baskets include chocolate and candy in their baskets.
- 87 percent of people who celebrate Easter enjoy Easter-themed seasonal chocolate and candy.
- Nearly half of Americans identify chocolate eggs or bunnies as their favorite Easter treats, with 19 percent preferring jelly beans.
- 78 percent of people say they eat their chocolate bunnies ears first, with the other 22 percent split evenly between feet first and tail first.