Harry & David updates website ahead of holiday shopping season
New mobile site, easier checkout among features of website redesign.
November 2, 2018
Harry & David, part of the 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. family of brands, has updated its mobile and desktop sites in time for the holiday shopping season.
“We continue to prioritize investments in our digital channels to ensure we are always delivering the most seamless and convenient shopping experience for our loyal customers,” said Steve Lightman, president, Harry & David. “Harry & David has long been an integral part of America’s gift-giving tradition and these newest enhancements will make it easier than ever for shoppers to express, connect and celebrate this holiday season.”
Significant updates to the digital shopping experience include:
Mobile Experience Enhancements
- New mobile site: Completely redesigned mobile website provides an elevated shopping experience for on-the-go customers, who currently account for nearly 50 percent of the brand’s online traffic.
- Fastest mobile experience to date: Upgrades in mobile optimization, including improved page speed, help deliver the brand’s fastest mobile shopping experience ever.
- Touch-friendly navigation: Visual navigation, large “shop by price” buttons and streamlined department and category pages simplify the discovery process for shoppers.
- Easier checkout: Enhancements to the mobile checkout process enable customers to shop using streamlined shipping and payment forms.
- Apple Business Chat: Shoppers can now utilize Apple Business Chat on their iOS devices to instantly chat with a gift concierge about a product, service, or question. With Messages, they can also easily transact using Apple Pay.
Desktop Experience Enhancements
- Redesigned department and category shopping pages: New full-width department and category shopping pages complement the look and feel of the homepage and are designed to depict signature products, demonstrate the breadth of assortment and enable more comprehensive storytelling to consumers.
- Upgraded site search and filtering options: More robust search capabilities, including product recommendations and the ability to refine and filter search options based on popular product attributes, are designed to deliver a simplified discovery process.
- Revamped checkout: A more intuitive desktop checkout experience allows shoppers to navigate the entire ordering process with ease, making the ability to send multiple gifts to multiple recipients in one order and one checkout effortless.
- Overhauled product detail pages: Reorganized and streamlined product detail pages, including alternate views and more visible product images, make buying decisions easier.
Additional New Features and Functionality Across Mobile and Desktop
- New customer service portal: An easy-to-use online Customer Service Portal enables shoppers to view real-time updates on order status, apply modifications to their orders, and receive live chat support as needed.
- Gift List updates: Customers can now access the popular Harry & David ‘Gift List,’ which offers easy reordering capabilities for gift recipients, with the simple use of a verification code, if preferred.