Vosges’ New Year Chocolate Bars
Vosges Haut-Chocolat, Chicago
Description: Vosges Haut-Chocolat founder Katrina Markoff rings in 2017 with five new chocolate bars, drawing upon local and global ingredients to provide consumers adventures in taste and texture. From matcha tea and mint combinations to classic dulce de leche, each variety underscores the founder’s ability as a chocolate alchemist. The new bars include:
- Mint Matcha: Crisp mint leaves offer an aromatic oil to blend within the caramel notes of Vosges’ proprietary 45 percent cacao dark milk chocolate. Aromas of bamboo and grass linger on the palate from the addition of Grade A matcha green tea.
- Dulce de leche: This classic dulce de leche caramel is kissed with mineral-right Celtic sea salt and enveloped in 45 percent cacao dark milk chocolate.
- Vanilla Rooibos Tea: South African Rooibos tea has been brought to the Midwest, blended with tart Montmorency cherries from the Traverse Bay Fruit Co. in Michigan. These earthy and sour inclusions dance delicately through rich 45 percent cacao dark milk chocolate.
- Smoked Salt: Vosges’ darkest chocolate bar, with 80 percent dark chocolate, features the smoky aromas of Alderwood smoked salt and satisfying crunch of Ghana cocoa nibs.
- Turmeric Ginger: The musky aroma of curry kissed with black peppercorn intertwines with warm ginger and crisp coconut in 45 percent cacao dark milk chocolate.
Ingredients: (Turmeric Ginger) Coconut, turmeric, ginger, black pepper and dark chocolate.
S.R.P.: (3-oz. bar) $8