CHOCOVISION invites Millennials to Twitter chat with industry leaders
Event will act as a preview for the conference held in Davos, Switzerland in June.
Social media and Millennials have been almost synonymous for years now. This year, CHOCOVISION is making a strong push to include both in its festivities.
On June 2, CHOCOVISION will host the first ever Twitter chat with industry leaders and is inviting Millennials to participate using the #AskChocovision tag.
The chat with take place from 2-3 p.m. CET (8-9 a.m. EDT/7-8 a.m. CDT) with a panel of cocoa and chocolate industry leaders. Participants can submit questions during this time by tagging them with #AskChocovision or reach out to the panelists directly.
The event will act as a precursor to the actual, biennial CHOCOVISION conference, which will take place from June 7-9 in Davos, Switzerland. The international conference aims to use Twitter as a platform to encourage conversations and engagement between the younger generation and the leaders of the industry.
With Millennials representing an emerging group of influencers, innovators, and future leaders, CHOCOVISION hopes to bring their voices to the table, empowering them to speak out and get involved in the discussion of the issues the industry faces.
The panel includes:
- Juergen Steinemann, initiator of the CHOCOVISION conference, member of the Board of the Barry Callebaut Group (@JBSteinemann)
- Kate Robertson, founder of One Young World (@Kateatoyw)
- Katrina Markoff, Vosges-Haut-Chocolat (@vosges)
- Barry Parkin, chairman of World Cocoa Foundation, chief sustainability and health & wellbeing officer for Mars, Inc. (@MarsGlobal)
- Matthias Lange, director of policy and program for the International Cocoa Initiative (@ICIGeneva)
All panelists will also attend the conference in June.
Social media will play a large role for the conference. The official Twitter handle (@chocovision_org) will share conference highlights along with the conference's LinkedIn page. Youtube, Flickr, and Google+ will also have more information.