Confectionery Foundation hosting program for college students at Expo
Students interested in learning about the confectionery industry can apply for the Next Generation program.
The Confectionery Foundation is planning to host the Next Generation program at Sweets & Snacks Expo 2016 for college students interested in learning more about working in the confectionery industry.
This valuable career-immersion day allows selected students to gain an understanding of industry segments and career paths by meeting with mentors and visiting with some of the more than 750 companies exhibiting.
In fact, this year will mark the fifth year for the NCA’s The Confectionery Foundation NextGen career education day program at Sweets & Snacks Expo.
And, as one past participant explains, “To engage face-to-face with company executives is a very special networking and learning opportunity. The Confectionery Foundation’s program at Sweets and Snacks Expo was instrumental in shaping my career path.”
Students interested in the program, which will be held on May 25, 2016 during the Expo in Chicago, can apply through the Next Generation website, following the instructions listed below. Specifically, Food Science, Business, Marketing, Engineering, Chemistry, Nutrition, Computer Science or Technology majors as well as FIRST Robotics alumni, are encouraged to apply.
Applicants for these limited invitations should be:
Between 21 -29 years old
- Currently enrolled in an educational degree program at a public or private college/university
- Seeking a career in the confectionery industry
- Prepared to submit a current resume and signed waiver by April 18, 2016
- Able to send an industry or academic reference
- Willing to participate in a phone, FaceTime or in-person interview and a survey as part of the application and event follow-up
- Available to participate in the Next Generation program at McCormick Place from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Wed., May 25
How to apply:
- Submit the online form at www.ConfectionLink.org/Students (Invite code: NextGen)
- Email Education@ConfectionLink.org with a short note. Attach your resume in pdf
- Respond promptly to requests for conversations and/or references
- If selected, send a Thank you note after the event to The Confectionery Foundation
Student guests are responsible for their own travel. Preregistration is required.