Princess Cruises announces new 'Chocolate Journeys' offerings by Norman Love
The new experience will roll out fleet-wide in 2016.
Princess Cruises' "Chocolate Journeys" experience is about to get even sweeter.
The cruise line announced a new series of chocolate offerings from master chocolatier and pastry designer Norman Love for its exclusive program. The new offerings will allow guests to indulge in delicious experiences throughout the ship, including custom-crafted signature desserts, chocolate pairings with tea, and more.
"We're delighted to continue our partnership with one of the most decorated chocolatiers in the world," says Jan Swartz, president of Princess Cruises. "It's been an exciting journey working with Chef Love to create and share a variety of unique and delicious experiences that continue to surprise and delight our chocolate-loving guests."
Launched in 2014, Chocolate Journeys offers guests desserts, wine and chocolate pairings, and specialty chocolate cocktails. The immersive experience was designed by Love, the former executive pastry chef of Ritz-Carlton, exclusively for Princess Cruises.
The new Chocolate Journeys offerings will roll out fleet-wide in 2016, and include:
● International Cafe Treats - Each day in the International Cafe, a chocolate treat designed by Chef Love will be featured, from milk chocolate mousse, caramel and chocolate flan to peanut butter chocolate tarts and milk chocolate Chantilly eclairs.
● Horizon Court Breakfast Items- Throughout the voyage, savory breakfast items featuring touches of premium chocolate will be offered, such as chocolate muffins, Bretons, puff pastry and Danishes.
● Horizon Court Evening Treats - Each evening, a delicious new chocolate cake will be served so guests can sample a new flavor each night.
● Afternoon Tea – Offered during the line's popular afternoon tea, guests will be treated to scrumptious chocolate bites designed by Chef Love, paired with a selection of flavorful teas and other traditional afternoon tea fare.
● Chocolate Souffle - Available on select evenings during the voyage, the main dining room dessert menu will feature a new signature Chocolate Souffle, developed in partnership with Chef Love.
● Chocolate Cookie- Chef Love unveils his unique recipes for delicious premium Chocolate Journeys cookies, found in select locations around the cruise ship, including the International Cafe and Movies Under the Stars.
"Without a doubt, chocolate is everyone's guilty pleasure," says Love. "These new chocolate creations give guests even more opportunities to indulge in something that makes them instantly happy, while creating lifelong memories aboard Princess Cruises."
Alongside the new Chocolate Journeys offerings, Princess Cruises also announced the results of a chocolate-inspired survey commissioned by Wakefield Research.
This year's findings include:
● Chocolate Lovers Anonymous - With more than half (51 percent) of Americans admitting to a chocolate addiction, it may not come as a surprise that more than two-thirds (68 percent) of the population admit to indulging nearly every week.
● What Turns Her On? - Among a list of traditional aphrodisiacs, it’s not surprising that chocolate is still No.1 with 49 percent of adults. In fact, 62 percent of women would be more impressed by her man baking a chocolate cake than changing a tire. However, while it may be the universal language of love, it may work too well as more than two-thirds (70 percent) of women would still choose chocolate over sex as their afternoon "delight."
● Men Love Chocolate, Too!- Both men and women covet the cocoa – 83 percent of Americans think that men like chocolate just as much as women – and that includes 82 percent of men.
● Chocolate Fantasies –When asked which celebrity they'd like to drizzle chocolate on, 41 percent of women chose Adam Levine while 46 percent of men selected Scarlett Johansson.