Look for the National Confectioners Association (NCA)’s president and ceo, John Downs, to have a congressional entourage next week.
During its annual Washington Forum on Thursday, Sept 17, Downs, together with U.S. Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-N.H.) and U.S. Rep. Steny Hoyer (D-MD) as well as confectionery industry leaders, will release statistics highlighting the impact of the candy industry on America's economy.
Typically, the Washington Forum usually features confectionery company executives who advocate for policy and regulatory environments. This year, Downs, Ayotte and Hoyer will discuss the importance of manufacturing jobs, the confectionery industry's impact, industry-wide leadership initiatives, as well as NCA member companies' community involvement.
The confectionery industry has been an economic bright spot and plays a role in helping to meet community needs, address ongoing conversations about food and nutrition policy, and wellness and food safety.
On Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, #PowerofSweet will serve as the Washington Forum's hashtag, encouraging involvement from industry members.
Details about the event are listed below:
● John H. Downs, president and ceo, the NCA
● U.S. Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-N.H.)
● U.S. Rep.Steny Hoyer (D-MD)
● Professor Ethan B. Kapstein, senior director for research, McCain Institute for International Leadership
● Peter W. Blommer, NCA chairman of the board and president, coo, The Blommer Chocolate Co.
● Steven Schiller, president of China and Asia, The Hershey Co.
● Michael G. Rosenberg, president & ceo, The Promotion In Motion Companies, Inc.
● Kirkland B. Vashaw, ceo, Spangler Candy Co.
● Martino Caretto, director of institutional affairs Americas and Australia, Ferrero USA, Inc.
● Leaders of the confectionery industry
Thursday, September 17, 2015
Press conference at 10 a.m. EST.
555 Pennsylvania Ave, NW
Washington, DC 20001
(Enter through group entrance on C Street, NW)