Table of Contents
IN THE STORE- Brooks Pharmacy is Committed to Candy
With the Eckerd stores acquisition on the horizon, Brooks Pharmacy is ready for the big time, and candy category manager Matt Kirk is up for the challenge.
- Interview With a New Consumer
Exclusive Confectioner research reveals that shifting diet patterns are altering consumers’ needs for treats.
- Candy’s Still Dandy, But…
Vendors respond to diet and health concerns and tantalize consumers with creamy flavor options.- Stretching the Candy Dollar
King-size bars satisfy consumers and deliver profits to retailers.- Less is More
Candy vendors find big opportunities by serving up smaller potions.
- Drug Store Channel Trends
Already a strong retail segment for candy, the drug store market has still more untapped potential, experts maintain.
- Real-life Advice on Picking Kids’ Brains
Focus group pro shares strategies for conducting focus groups with children.
- Kid Wrappers Should Rock!
Kids do judge candy by its cover, so roll with packaging that plays into their hands.
The obesity epidemic has reached gargantuan proportions. Where does candy fit into the lives of today’s consumers? We look at the issue from the legislative, vendor and retailer perspectives. Plus our exclusive consumer research and much more!- Candy and the Law
- The Candy Community Has a Health Fit
- Kids Weigh in on Nutrition
- Finding a Fit In the Store
- Talking to Consumers
UP FRONT- Thoughts on Candy and our big National Problem Mary Ellen Kuhn
- Spangler, Chupa Chups Forge Strategic Alliance
- Tootsie Roll Pops Spy Stix, Everyday Chocolate Lollypops Madelaine Chocolate Novelties and more...
CANDY PRODUCT UPDATE
- New Easter Chocolates, Peeps Decorating Kit and more...
Easter Product Update
- Eight Ways to Think Outside The Candy Box for Retailers
Marketing and Merchandising
- Changing Desires Highlight Need for Creative Thinking, Action