1. Spangler Candy Co.Bryan, Ohio
Spangler has updated a traditional Christmastime treat with sweet and sour versions. New Sour Punch candy canes have hard candy exteriors and super sour chewy centers, made using a patent-pending process. The candy canes come in the Sour Punch brand’s top flavor, Strikin’ Strawberry, and feature the Sour Punch logo on the wrapper. They are available in 8-count/6-oz. cradles packed in a 24-count case. In addition, Spangler’s new Smarties candy canes feature a multicolor, eye-catching striping pattern resembling the recognizable colors of a Smarties candy roll. They are available in 12-count/6-oz. cradles packed in a 24-count case.
2. Kandy Kastle, Inc.San Diego
Kandy Kastle has three new products for the 2008 winter holiday season. Children will love the marshmallow snowman they find inside Chocolate Ornament Surprise, a Belgian-style chocolate egg that can hang on a tree, or serve as a stocking stuffer or party favor. The eggs are packaged in see-through display boxes and presented in red, green and gold foil. Another Kandy Kastle treat: 3-D Holiday Marshmallow Pops in snowman, penguin and bear varieties, individually wrapped in a Christmas-themed display box. Lastly, the company’s Kosher-approved Milk Chocolate Coins are a favorite for stocking stuffers and New Year’s good luck gifts. Each is wrapped in heavy gold and silver foil and finely embosses in great detail of George Washington on the front and the Statue of Liberty or American Eagle on the back. The combined gold and silver coins come in a mesh bag, 12 to a package, and have a suggested retail price of $1.19.
3. Pure FunScarborough, Ontario
Pure Fun’s USDA-certified organic candy canes are made from certified organic brown rice syrup, certified organic evaporated cane juice and peppermint oil. The all-natural color is derived from red beet color and pulled to whiteness without the use of titanium dioxide. This Christmas, the company is offering a limited-edition organic candy cane benefiting children’s charities. Pure Fun will donate 10% of proceeds to worthwhile children’s causes such as Pediatric Palliative Care Services, the Starlight Starbright Children’s Foundation and other regional associations. The treats come in packs of six, 12 or 24 to a case, and have a suggested retail price of $3.49-$4.49.
4. Just Born, Inc.Bethlehem, Pa.
Just Born’s ubiquitous and ever-festive PEEPS Brand Marshmallow Candies now offer Joy to the World. The white marshmallow letters are sprinkled with gold glitter for the holidays. They’re available in 3- and 9-count packages for a suggested retail price of $0.69 and $1.29, respectively.
5. Koko's Confectionery & Novelty, a division of A&A Global Ind.Cockeysville, Md.
Among Koko’s latest items for Christmas 2008 are its hand-decorated, tree-shaped Glo-Popcifiers in Red Cherry and Green Apple flavors. With a switch, the trees actually glow while being eaten. The pops come two display boxes per case and have a suggested retail price of $0.99-$1.29. Each display features an attention-getting, blinking light. In addition, Koko’s new PuppyPalz Ornament Tins include a Christmas tree ornament filled with a puppy figurine and a bag of red, green and white candy dog bones. This keepsake confection will appeal to dog lovers. The 2/12-count display boxes have great footprint appeal. The suggested retail price for each tin is $0.99-$1.29.
6. Ford Gum & Machine Co.Lincolnshire, Ill.
Ford Gum’s line of Carousel novelty candy is expanding. Highlights include a 5-in. Holiday Gumball Machine Toy Bank with a “Happy Holidays” message and 1.4 oz. of gumballs. The suggested retail price is $0.99-$1.29. The company also sells 12-piece holiday gumball packs.
This Boo's For YouStill looking for some Halloween treats with which to pepper your fall displays? Check out the latest from these confectionery brands:
• Just Born, Inc.’s latest Halloween treats include PEEPS 3-count sugar-free pumpkins and ghosts, which retail for $1.29 and $0.69, respectively. Check out traditional PEEPS treats for Halloween, including its cocoa cats, at www.justborn.com, or call 1-800-445-5787 to order.
• Pure Fun Confection, Inc.’s Halloween lollipops come six to a variety pack in the following all-natural, USDA-certified organic and Kosher flavors: Go Goji Berry, Pure Pomegranate, Tangy Tangerine, Looney Lemon and Wacky Watermelon. The suggested retail price for a 70-count bag is $8.99-$9.99. Bags are packed 12 to a case. For more information or to order, visit www.purefun.ca, or call 1-866-534-8071.